Watch below to see how we answer challenges on:
How do I get people to download my beauty app and use it? (Starts immediately)
How would you go about launching my new coffee brand in Sydney? (~14:40)
This week's strategists are:
Glenn Bartlett - Strategy Director, Step Change Marketing
Nikki Adams - Strategy Exec, Step Change Marketing
About Stump The Strategist:
- It's opinion not advice
- Questions are asked live from the audience and answered live in nine minutes
- Step Change charges clients for advice, Stump The Strategist is free
Q1: How do I get people to download my beauty app and use it?
- Select a name that is either short and snappy or descriptive - best to have both. Start with getting the name right.
- Target customers based on specific locations and start small. Example is targeting Sydney central first. Use the exclusivity around launches to create anticipation to other locations.
- Leverage word of mouth by finding the right partnerships. The right partnerships or joint ventures share a common audience with you. Possible partners for you may be corporate firms that have events and social clubs, hotels where corporate women are staying or beauty blogs like The Glow.
- Make sure that the pricing works for the beauty therapists as well as your business.
- Embed loyalty programs within the app that drive member-get-member programs and provide unique offers.
Q2: How would you go about launching my new coffee brand in Sydney?
- Start by aligning the brand story. The first question should be, "Who's got our money?". It's called predatory marketing and understands our biggest competitors greatest strength and targets the inherent weakness of that strength. McDonalds example in video.
- Explore a customer journey step-through investigating how cafe owners engage coffee companies. Look through the stages of finding out, addressing concerns, face-to-face, the sale, using the product and follow up.
- Look outside the product for differentiation. Where can you innovate your service that eliminates cafe owner's pain points in buying coffee?
- Try what's called Cause Related Marketing to get remarkability around your brand. If you buy a KG, X dollars go back to a cause. How can you use your brand in the first world and impact the third world?
- Scarcity is a massive driver for sales. Where can we create a buzz around how 'Scarce' our product is?
Virtual Stump The Strategist is a biweekly webinar series where you get to throw your chewiest marketing problem at the Strategy team from Step Change Marketing and have it solved live, in 9 minutes.