Against the backdrop of the war for attention, B2B tech and software companies are struggling to reach their intended audience on the right channel. Marketers report that email marketing is their biggest source of ROI, so this marketing tool needs to be an essential part of your marketing strategy.
To ensure your emails have stand a better chance of reaching your target customers, check out our top ten email marketing statistics for B2B technology and software companies.
- Email is a chief channel for tech companies to drive new sales and strengthen relationships with existing customers. (Campaign Monitor)
- Email is 40X more effective at getting new customers than Facebook or Twitter. (McKinsey)
- Email is ideal for B2B communications with 95% of professionals using the platform. (SmartDataCollective)
- The average open rate for software industries and online services is 22%. (IBM)
- The average click-through rate for software industries and online services is 2.8%. (IBM)
- Whether it’s at home, work, or on the move, people check their email 20 times a day (DMA)
- 66% of customers report that they have bought something as a result of reading an email message from the brand. (OptinMonster)
ROI and Lifetime Value
- The ROI for email is approximately 30% compared with direct mail’s 7% (Campaign Monitor)
- For every $1 spent, email marketing generates $44 in ROI. (Campaign Monitor)
- The lifetime value of customers acquired by email is 12% higher compared to the average (OptinMonster)